Diocesan Services include:
- Co-ordinating, providing for and supporting collaborative, team-based ministry across the diocese in a changing environment
- Finance Service and Diocesan Archives
- Pastoral supports in the areas of catechesis and education, liturgy, parish development, youth ministry and schools advisory services - with an emphasis on reaching out in the spirit of the Gospel to those who are on the margins
- Safeguarding Service, supporting best practice in ministry involving children and vulnerable adults
- St Senan’s Education Office supporting the management of the network of Catholic primary schools in Limerick diocese
Services in partnership with other agencies
In addition to these central services, the diocese provides pastoral and chaplaincy supports in partnership with other agencies including:
- Chaplaincy services in healthcare
- In second and third level educational institutions
- Chaplaincies to minority and new communities, among them the travelling community and the Polish and Syro-Malabar communities.
The diocese works closely with a variety of partner agencies, voluntary Catholic and other community organisations to deliver its services.
These include agencies such as:
- The Irish Episcopal Conference
- Accord which provides supports to married couples
- Development organisation, Trócaire