Season of Creation
- On Wednesday 21st of September (7:30pm to 9pm) we will hold an Outdoor Prayer Workshop on Zoom for pastoral units/parishes who would like to host an outdoor prayer/reflection during the Season of Creation. This workshop will provide a template, resources, and ideas that you can adapt to your local context. It is a wonderful opportunity to reach a wider audience, provide a new prayer experience and avail of the natural environment. You can register for the workshop here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OutdoorPrayerWorkshop
- On Monday 26th of September (7:30pm to 8:30pm), Bishop Brendan, Sr Betty Baker, Fr Chris O’Donnell along with the pastoral outreach and youth ministry teams will offer an opportunity for prayer and reflection on Facebook Live on the Season of Creation. You are most welcome to join the session by clicking on our Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/dioceseoflimerick just before 7:30pm on the 26th. You do not need to have a Facebook page to access this prayer service, our Facebook page is open to people who do not have a Facebook account. Please spread the word to others who might like to participate.
- On Saturday 8th October Dr Niamh Brennan (10am to 1:30pm) will deliver a reflective workshop on this year’s Season of Creation theme “Listening to the Voice of Creation” at the Don Bosco Centre, Milford, followed by outdoor prayer/reflection (weather permitting!) at the LCM Infinity Woodland Pathway adjacent to Milford Care Centre. Places will be limited so please book your place here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VoiceOfCreation. A €10 contribution requested for this workshop.
Ministry Training & Reflection
- We are offering a training/reflection session for Ministers of the Word on Tuesday 4th October from 7:30m to 9pm in the Diocesan Centre (adjacent to St Munchin’s College). This session is suitable for new Ministers of the Word and can also be a reflective opportunity for existing Ministers.
- A training/reflection session for Ministers of the Eucharist will be held on Tuesday 11th October from 7:30pm to 9pm again in the Diocesan Centre. Again, this session is suitable for new Ministers of the Eucharist or can also be a reflective opportunity for existing Ministers.
You can register for training for Ministers of the Word and/or Ministers of the Eucharist here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MinistryTrainingReflection
- Two nights of training for Funeral/Bereavement Teams will be offered on 18th and 25th October from 7:30pm to 9pm in the Diocesan Centre. The training will cover the practical steps involved in setting up and resourcing Funeral/Bereavement Teams in pastoral units/parishes. Following these initial two nights, additional supports and resources needed will be considered and further training sessions will be developed. Again, we would encourage people who have a sense of calling to this ministry area, as well as those already involved, to register for the two nights so we can learn from each other’s experiences. You can register for the two nights of training here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FuneralBereavementTeams
* Points to Note:
- Individuals should liaise with their local priest(s) before registering for any of the Ministry Training programmes.
- We will be monitoring the level of demand for Ministry Training and Reflection programmes, depending on the demand and location of those interested, we will look at rolling out training sessions in other geographical locations in the Diocese.