The Federation of Catholic Trustees of Second Level Schools in the Diocese of Limerick was founded in 2005. It represents the trustees of all the Catholic voluntary secondary schools and the Catholic trustees of other second level schools where the trusteeship is shared.
The Trustees represent the founding vision of the school and strive to maintain, with the Board of Management and the school community, the characteristic spirit or ethos of the school. They exercise the role of Patron/Trustee as stated in the Education Act (1998). Trustees hold ‘in trust’ the school property and the educational enterprise. They appoint the Board of Management of each school.
The purpose of the Federation is to enrich parental choice by ensuring the continued availability of Catholic education for young people and their families at second level in the Diocese of Limerick. It proposes to do this collaboratively, in partnership with families and in engagement with all the other education partners and stakeholders.
The members of the Federation, as part of the Catholic community and in service of the common good, have committed themselves to acting in unison and speaking with one voice. They work together from a rich Christian tradition to maintain and develop a vibrant and responsive Catholic second level sector.
- Scoil Carmel, O’Connell Avenue, Limerick, (CEIST)
- St. Clement’s College, South Circular Road, Limerick (Redemptorist)
- Presentation Secondary School, Sexton Street, Limerick (CEIST)
- St. Munchin’s College, Corbally (Diocese of Limerick)
- Salesian College, Pallaskenry, Co. Limerick (Salesians of Don Bosco)
- Mean Scoil Maria Auxiliatrix, Salesian Secondary School, Fernbank, North Circular Road, Limerick (Salesian Sisters)
- Laurel Hill Coláiste, F.C.J., South Circular Road, Limerick (Le Chéile)
- Laurel Hill Secondary School, F.C.J., South Circular Road, Limerick (Le Chéile)
- Árdscoil Mhuire, Corbally, Limerick (CEIST)
- Coláiste Mhichíl, Sexton Street, Limerick (Edmund Rice Schools Trust)
- Árdscoil Rís, North Circular Road, Limerick (Edmund Rice Schools Trust)
- Scoil Pól, Kilfinane, Co. Limerick(Le Chéile)
- Scoil Mhuire agus Íde, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick (Lay Catholic Trustees)
- Crescent Comprehensive College SJ, (Jesuits in their role as trustees of Crescent Comprehensive College).
- St. Enda’s Community School and Castletroy Community College (The Diocese of Limerick in its role as joint trustee)