About The Safeguarding Training
- Three people have been trained to deliver Safeguarding Training for the Limerick Diocese.
- Training is currently delivered by Ms. Aoife Walsh and Fr. Chris O’Donnell.
- Training is provided annually for those who work with children and young people in our Diocese. This includes clergy, religious, parish staff, and volunteers.
- The training provided is consistent with National Standards as determined by the National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland.
If you are involved in ministry with young people in the Diocese and you or your organisation requires training please contact:
Ms. Aoife Walsh
Limerick Diocesan Pastoral Centre, Denmark St. Limerick
The Safeguarding Children Video
Ms. Aoife Walsh the Safeguarding Children Training Co-ordinator for the Diocese of Limerick speaks about Safeguarding Children in the Diocese addressing the following questions:
- Who is involved with Safeguarding Children in the Diocese of Limerick?
- What procedures are followed in relation to Safeguarding Children in the Diocese?
- What do I do if I have a Safeguarding Children concern?